Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentines Day - Jar Los Angeles

I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day.  When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon.  ~Author Unknown
Apple Martini

Special V-day Menu

Oxtail Dumplings - YUM!

Sorry - didn't want to use my flash anymore - pot roast and mash potatoes 

A year ago, On Valentine's Day, I was dragged out to a restaurant in Los Angeles called Jar. I ended up spilling an apple martini all over my dress, in the middle of the restaurant. Ugh! The worst part about it is that those types of incidents don't bother me - I usually just laugh it off, but the people I was with did not laugh. Double Ugh!

Well, a year later I returned to Jar in a pretty red dress and ordered an apple martini, this time not spilling it - Thank god! I can say, that I am glad I was dragged out a year ago, because it was just super-sweet to be in the same place with a big smile on my face a year later.

Now about the restaurant, It's not my favorite and I was pretty disappointed that people were not dressed nicely. They were a bit too casual - like they were going to the Cheesecake Factory. They sat us in the middle of the restaurant after I specifically arranged to be seated against the wall. The middle feels like you are on stage - with stage lighting. Oh, and they were super-mini tables, made for teacup size people. It was like kindergarten lunch seating! I was almost expecting my mother to come out with my play teacup set!

Jar had a Valentines menu with about 4 items each for appetizers, entree, and dessert. I ordered the ox dumplings, and the pot roast - both were delicious! Unfortunately, our server didn't input our dessert order until way later and they ran out of the rhubarb thing that I wanted. I was not happy about that! My grandmother used to make us rhubarb jelly and I just really couldn't wait to have the dessert. We got butterscotch pudding and flourless chocolate cake, both were amazing! Also, the timing between dishes was way off. Maybe they were short staffed? Apparently the wine list is also 40% below what other restaurants charge. That's good news!

All in all, this place was nice. Good food, OK service... nice memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Be sure to enter your email address (located on the top right sidebar). Also, would love for you to follow me on Facebook, instagram, twitter, pinterest, and YouTube... xoxo! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs