Monday, September 9, 2013

Bread Pudding Made with Non-Fat Milk and Love

This recipe is fantastic!!! I made it with non-fat milk instead of heavy whipping cream (what I usually use). Next time I think I will actually make it skinnier with low-calorie bread or english muffins, Splenda (although I don't always like to use artificial ingredients, depends on how much I weigh), and non-fat milk.




I can't believe this whole thing is gone! 

Notes:
I love this recipe because when I have bread around that's not so fresh I make it into this pudding. You can use whatever bread you like. Also, you can use heavy whipping cream, half and half, whatever type of milk, or your choice of sweetener. It's that easy!

Ingredients:
6 slices of bread (your choice)
2 tbsp butter, melted
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups non-fat milk (or heavy whipping cream)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon 
1 tsp vanilla extract 

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Break bread into small pieces into an 8 inch baking dish, drizzle melted butter over bread

In a bowl combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Mix until well blended. Pour over bread making sure to cover all areas. Push down on brea if needed.

Bake in oven for 45 minutes. The top should spring back when touched. 


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE bread pudding and can't wait to try this version using non-fat milk! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good! I am going to attempt a really healthy version using protein powder and lower calorie bread soon!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! Be sure to enter your email address (located on the top right sidebar). Also, would love for you to follow me on Facebook, instagram, twitter, pinterest, and YouTube... xoxo! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs