Friday, September 13, 2013

Sweet and Tangy Sauce for Cucumbers and More!


I was in the mood for something tangy and crunchy. This sauce is perfect for a cucumber salad. I usually keep a batch in the fridge so that it's around when the craving strikes. It can be used over rice and meat as well. 






Side note: It has been said that cucumbers reduce the appearance of cellulite. If you're feeling a little self conscious in your bikini try rubbing a few slices on the areas of concern. Cucumbers contain phytochemicals that tighten collagen in your skin, firming up the outer layer, making cellulite less visible. After rubbing more than a few cucumbers all over my entire body I wasn't sure if it worked, but felt like it did.  At the very least I smelled pretty good! 

INGREDIENTS: 
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp Thai style chili sauce (I used Kikoman brand)
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp sugar
2 cloves finely chopped garlic
1/2 medium onion finely chopped
1 cucumber thinly sliced

DIRECTIONS:
Combine all ingredients, except the cucumber, in a small pot over medium/low heat until sugar is dissolved. Let cool in refrigerator before mixing with the cumbers. I usually double the recipe so that I have some left over. 

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment! Be sure to enter your email address (located on the top right sidebar). Also, would love for you to follow me on Facebook, instagram, twitter, pinterest, and YouTube... xoxo! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs