Thursday, October 3, 2013

Best Friend's Banana Bread

"There's no problem that friends cannot confront, combat, plot against, ignore, make fun of drown in chocolate sauce, or run over in a car." - Unknown 


... Or in this case devour banana bread! I don’t need any comforting at the moment, but it’s nice to know that I have a bunch of girlfriends that I can turn to if I would ever need a shoulder to cry on.

This recipe is from one of my best friend's, Mary D. I have two special Marys in my life... one all the way in Oklahoma and the other just a bit closer, in Orange County… I wish she lived next door!




I have so much fun with her, even when we haven’t seen each other for a while; uninterruptedly we pick up right where we left off. My most adoring memories with her have been lounging around, laughing until we cry, watching my favorite movie Meet Joe Blackand cooking up a storm. Once I took her to the gym, but that’s not my favorite thing to do with her. I have other friends for that. What are your favorite things to do with your closets girlfriends? Any good recipes you like to share? 




INGREDIENTS
2 eggs (room temperature)
1 stick of butter (soften at room temperature)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 ripened bananas; mashed (make sure the bananas are super ripe)
1 cup of sugar
1½ cups of all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt


DIRECTIONS
1.    In a separate bowl mix together ¼ of the sugar with 1 tsp. cinnamon, place aside. You will use this as you are pouring the batter into the pan.
2.    In another bowl cream together ¾ cup sugar and butter. Mix in the room temperature eggs (one at a time), gradually mix in the remaining wet ingredients, including the mashed bananas.

3.    In another bowl mix the dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt).
4.    Gradually mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
5.    Line a loaf pan with wax paper for easy clean up. This is where you are going to use the 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon mixture. You are going to pour approximately ¼ of the batter into the bottom of the loaf pan. Then top that with about ¼ of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Repeat the layers. The cinnamon sugar mixture will give it a nice swirl.
6.    Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour.


TIP
After removing from the oven be sure to place a slice of bread on top while cooling. This will insure that the banana bread stays moist. 

2 comments:

Thank you for your comment! Be sure to enter your email address (located on the top right sidebar). Also, would love for you to follow me on Facebook, instagram, twitter, pinterest, and YouTube... xoxo! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs